Friday, July 1, 2016

Site News: July Announcements

Okay, first of all, let me explain the last delay.

A combination of power/internet outages as well as a time-sensitive project I was finishing up brought me a double-whammy.

What project, you might wonder?

Well, I've been hinting at this for a while, but it's time to spill the beans. I've been commissioned to do album artwork for a good high school buddy of mine who creates music under the name Vest and Tyler.

My first bit of artwork for him (for his latest song "Rumble Pak") can be found on his Soundcloud page, along with his music. If you're ever in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area, you should seek out his shows; the guy's made up of 50% energy, 50% talent, and 50% fun. He's the only human I know who's 150%. He and his affiliates, the Neti Collective, are super-talented and I'm grateful for the work they're giving me, as well.

Unfortunately, the power outage got me a bit behind on things, so Saturday's post is being postponed to ensure that my Recap/Review of the Captain America sequel goes up as planned.

But speaking of the Captain America sequel, NewtCave readers, it's time for a bit of a shake-up that's been coming for a while. You all may have noticed that the Marvel/DC ratio on my blog is a bit skewed toward the House of Ideas. Well... I'm going to try and fix that while also killing another bird with that same stone.

I've been burning through the Marvel Cinematic Universe films over the past couple years, and I'm quickly reaching the point where it's getting hard to analyze each film within the greater scope of the MCU because the full implications haven't yet played out. So after this month's Recap/Review of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I'll be shifting my focus over to DC, since I've only looked at two DC movies so far. And ideally, I'd like to cover the rest of the Superman movies and all the Batman movies before my eventual look at the DC Cinematic Universe begins with Man of Steel.

"Really? Really?"
What?

"Don't play dumb, Newt."
I don't need to play. Seriously, what's wrong?

"After Cap 2, you'll be only two movies away from covering my movie.
And now you're putting it on hold? Are you doing this just to spite me?"
Hey, I'm putting Guardians of the Galaxy on hold, too, and you don't see Star-Lord complaining. I'm not abandoning the MCU, I'm just going to wait a little longer than usual before I do Guardians of the Galaxy. And by extension, Ant-Man.

"But I've been waiting for you to cover my movie since it came out in 2015."
And I waited for Ant-Man to come out since 2008.

"...Complaint withdrawn."
Dang right.

Anyway, I'll be covering the Captain America sequel to start off this month before returning to Gravity Falls and Agent Carter. And at some point, you can expect a View Log of Ghostbusters.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment