Monday, November 2, 2015

Site News: November 2015

Well, another Halloween come and gone.

On the left, my pumpkin. On the right, my girlfriend's pumpkin.
So as the jack o' lanterns begin to rot....

Which I had in mind from the beginning when I carved my pumpkin.
I have three major announcements.
  1. Today's post has been postponed to tomorrow. Even with Daylight Savings giving me a little extra time, I was busier this Halloween weekend than I thought I would be. Which brings me to my second announcement....
  2. So, you know how in the past, I'd be all like "Sorry if I don't post as often this month?" Well, it's finally going to come true, to a small degree. From now on, there will be the occasional week with only Monday and Saturday posts. Though I'll still aim to do one film review per month, which takes me a week each, so I like to think it balances out.
I would like to make it abundantly clear that when I say "occasional," I do mean "occasional." Like, one week per month at most. An average month of the NewtCave features about six-to-ten Recap/Reviews and one week-long film Recap/Review, so this really won't make as much of a negative impact on my monthly output as it might seem.

There are a few reasons for this change, and it's been coming for a while.
  1. I want to avoid another burnout in the wake of my look at all three Back to the Future films.
  2. There are a couple other projects I've had on the back burner that I'd like to work on a bit more.
In the end, I'd like to avoid some of my more frantic posting. quite a few of my Reviews went up around 3 AM, only five hours before they go up.

So it's either a new schedule, or a hiatus. And if I go on hiatus... well, I'm not sure how easy it would be to get back into the swing of things, quite honestly.

But what's really important is this.

Don't worry. The NewtCave isn't going anywhere.

This month alone, I'll be continuing Doctor Who from where the TV movie left off, finishing up the Back to the Future trilogy, looking at an episode each of Gravity Falls, Avengers: EMH, and Agents of S.M.A.S.H., and also reviewing a certain Marvel film during Thanksgiving this year.

And don't worry, there's a convenient schedule in the upper right to make sure you're informed of what's scheduled when.

On a more minor note, earlier this year, I promised to add three non-comic book shows to my repertoire. Well, on second thought, Gravity Falls and Doctor Who are enough for now.

But in the end, this month will be business as usual for the NewtCave. And things kick off tomorrow!

See you then!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought it turned out pretty well, considering that all I had to use was a steak knife and a spoon.

      Delete