Sunday, July 5, 2015

July, 2015 Announcements

Whew.

It's been a busy month at the NewtCave. And it's been pretty busy at home, too. And also at work. Busy all around, basically. Hopefully, I've got things back on track. And just in time for Ant-Man hype to be on everybody's minds!

Though I'm still a bit worried by the lack of merchandizing for Ant-Man.
To get into the spirit of things, I'll be looking at a few Ant-Man related episodes, as well as something involving DC's answer to Ant-Man. You'll see. After that, the month will be rounded out with a return to Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. as well as Avengers Assemble.

Sometime this month, I'll probably post a View Log of Ant-Man.


"And how much you love it, right?"
Well... to tell you the truth, I'm not as confident as I once was in the film. The advertizing seems unsure of how to market it, and there are barely any toys for it on the shelves, which signals Marvel's lack of confidence to me.

"...."
Plus, while I was watching Doctor Who on Disney XD, there was this weird Public Service Announcemt thing that warned parents that Ant-Man might be too intense for younger viewers, making me worry about how dark and gritty they tried to make it....

"Right, well..."
Plus there were all those problems with directing it, and...

"Yeah, we get it."
Oh. Sorry.

"God, and you tell me to shut up?"
Anyway, before all that, the ongoing look at the Marvel Cinematic Universe continues this week with Captain America: The First Avenger.

See you then!

1 comment:

  1. I think at worst, Marvel will break even on Ant-Man. I do kinda wish Edgar Wright still directed though.

    I know it sounds kinda weird, but I have more enthusiasm for the Suicide Squad movie than the Batman versus Superman movie. IDK, maybe its because I don't read the Squad comics and I won't feel disappointed with it or maybe I just find it to look more interesting of the two, I do hope it does well.

    ReplyDelete