Saturday, April 26, 2014

Sketchbook: Various S-Shields

One of my biggest comic-related peeves (a nitpicky one, I'll admit) is when an artist (usually a guest artist) draws a really crappy chest shield on Superman. I don't know if it's the penciler, inker, lack of skill, lack of time, whatever. It still bugs me, and I can't help it.

To wit, last year, I sketched a a bunch of the various logos for my future reference, and yours too, now.

Behold!

Drawn mid-2013
Top row: Original shield, Classic shield 1, Bizarro shield
2nd row: Fleischer cartoons shield, Man of Steel shield
3rd row: Superman Returns shield, 90's electric Superman shield
4th row: New 52 shield (in 3D), Post-Crisis on Infinite Earths John Byrne shield
Bottom row: Superman Earth-1 shield, Kingdom Come shield

And knowing is half the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment