Thursday, May 30, 2013

Dare you enter... the NewtCave?

Hello, world.  I would like to welcome you all here to a little place I call:  The NewtCave.

First things first:  What the heck is a NewtCave?  Well, you know the Newt Cave from the Elder Scrolls series?  Forget about it; that has absolutely nothing to do with what goes on here. 

Batman has the Batcave, I have the NewtCave.  Unlike Batman, it’s less of an actual literal “cave”-type cave and more of a figurative cave, in a “man-cave” type sense.  But like Batman, this cave is filled with the tools of the trade:  That trade is not crimefighting, however, but nerdery.  Comic book nerdery.

Basically, I have all this knowledge, and nothing to do with it.  So, here I am trying to do something with it.
My goal here at the NewtCave is to do what I can to inform and entertain people with something I have literally loved since before I could read.

Instead of utilizing the now-standard internet video review format pioneered by those like the Nostalgia Critic and AVGN, I want to do something a bit different.  What can you hope to expect?
To start with, there’s Character Study, where I analyze the history of a comic book character.
There’s also Character Assassination, where I specifically focus on the death of a comic book character.
Really, I just want to get people interested and invested in these characters, it’s my little love letter to my favorite storytelling medium. And with that, I’ll see you all in the Series Premiere. Unless you're reading this on the Blogger page.  Then, the next thing you see will be this exact same intro, but in VIDEO form!
....excitement?

No comments:

Post a Comment